Monday, November 22, 2010

Anna B's SOLE Action Plan

To implement SOLEs (Self Organizing Learning Environments, a la Prof. Sugata Mitra from New Castle, England/New Delhi, India) in my Tech 8 and Environmental Creative Arts classes, I am going to offer my students choices to: take the Siemen's Challenge, design ways to use our iPod touches in collaboration with Ron & Peggy, continue efforts to implement the NYLC G3 grant, and do online publishing using the resources Carl has linked for me. Instruments I willl use to assess/measure the impact of the SOLEs will include video interviews with students describing their engagement with these choices and self-reflections using the IB Technology assessment rubric criterion and boundaries. I will also invite parents to provide feedback on the measures of success they see based on involvement their children have with these project choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment